Sep 12, 2008

rock on rebel

I just finished watching "Rebel Without a Cause" and I'm a little misty. I don't know how many times I've seen it, and I know what's coming, but it always wears me out. I'm on a movie watching binge right now, so I think I'll move next to anything Hitchcock. Well, except for "The Birds". Maybe "Stranger on a Train", "Rear Window", or "North by Northwest". Might as well, while I'm all tensed up anyway, right?

Of course, during "Rebel", I kept thinking of the song "Rock On", so I had to download it.

"And where do we go from here
Which is the way that's clear
Still looking for that blue jean baby queen
Prettiest girl I ever seen
See her shake on the movie screen Jimmie Dean (James Dean)

Rock On!"
I downloaded the David Essex version, which I think is the original from the 1970's. I would never have got it out of my head so best I just go ahead and get it over with.

And while I was on iTunes anyway, I went ahead and downloaded "Morning Train (Nine to Five)" by Sheena Easton, because something my cuz said last night reminded me that I had loaned this album (yeah, I'm that old), to someone way back when and they never returned it, and I'm still kind of mad about it. Get over it self, it was only a silly album. Yes, but it was one of my favs, and it wasn't just the one album, there was another album, and two very cute Wilton cake pans plus four or five Wilton yearbooks loaned at the same time, and the person moved and never even tried to return them. Ok, I'm better now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What shape were the cake pans????
Leer, leer, leer!

Kopperhead said...

Well, FYI Ms. Anonymous: One was a 1, as in the number 1. The other was an umbrella. Think what you will!!