Sep 25, 2008

oh Cap’n, please come home, the laundry is piling up

The laundry is piling up, yes, but did you notice how I ended the title of this post in a preposition. Sometimes I do that on purpose, because I think it's fun. Prepositions are just so stuck in their ways, they only want to begin a phrase, the prepositional phrase. Well, sometimes all parts of speech end up on the butt end of sentences, and that's just the way it is.

Meanwhile, yesterday was National Punctuation Day. I didn't celebrate. My comma had crapped out on me, and I was depressed, so I just spent the day alone, with nary a balloon or a card wishing me a Happy NPD. And I didn't give you a link because the site was already over its bandwidth early in the day, what with everyone else apparently celebrating and all.

Oh, back to the laundry (you know how I can get distracted whenever a preposition is dangled in front of me). Yes, I have been a slacker this week, what with the expedition yesterday and other such matters of importance. I know you already know about that, and are looking forward to me reading aloud to you.

However, as you can see, I did manage to hand wash a few delicates and have hung them out to dry. They are awaiting your return. Not that you're going to wear them. You aren't, are you? I just wanted to be prepared, because you know, you've been gone a week, and if there's one thing that's better than hot hotel lovin', it's that been gone now I'm home lovin'. See you soon, Cap'n.

Lingerie on Branch image copyright Erik Anderson at iStockPhoto.

No comments: