May 18, 2012

First I Pray, Then I Type

Here I am again, typing my thoughts in this blog format, thoughts which may or may not make sense to you.  What brings me to the keyboard today is pity for the man who believes that Christians are being lied to by the Republican Party using scare tactics to garner support for the GOP. What? And, as much as I know this is overused.....seriously?

I came across a vague link on a friend's post on FaceBook, and even as I knew it would take me somewhere I didn't want to go, I clicked the link, if only to prove myself right. I'm not even going to tell you what the main message was, because it is that ridiculous, but I did wander down in the forum posts and read a rather lengthy post from a person who basically said that Christians were being lied to by the Christian Republicans, and stated that Republicans, therefore Christians, were not following the Bible as Christians, therefore Republicans, wanted to turn their backs on the poor in our country. He stated how many "help the poor" references there were in the Bible, and how Republicans, therefore Christians, wanted to not help the poor, but turn their backs on the poor and needy of the country.

I have two words for this person who wrote the extremely long forum post:  Joe Biden. The second ranked Democrat in America, gave only $300-ish to charity, as indicated on his latest tax return. What this tells me is that Democrats want to take care of all of the poor and disadvantaged for all of their lives as long as it is with our money, not theirs. I would have no hesitation in betting, (if I made bets, which I don't) that the first five Christians I next came in contact with, personally gave more to charities than five of friends or acquaintances that this guy could pick from his pool of friends.

I know Christians are charitable, personally and through institutions, and Joe Biden should be embarrassed. So, guy from the forum, I thanked God for blessings, and I prayed for calm, then I prayed for you and yours, and I sincerely hope that you will realize that Christians do not have to be mandated to provide charity, but do so on their own, in abundance, every single day.

Note: No, I didn't provide the link or the name or the exact verbiage of the poster on the forum. I am not accountable to anyone but my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and I'm not making this up. However, it is my opinion that he knew how many "poor" references there are in the Bible by Googling, as I did it myself and first up is the page stating how many references there are. I do want to include here that some of these references to "poor", are referring to poor in spirit, those that lack God's spirit are poor, as opposed to the reference of poor meaning not much money or material wealth. Feel free to comment.

And, right on time, I get this email from Bro. Vance. He said to share it, so I will.

The Window from which we look

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.
The next morning while they are eating breakfast,
The young woman sees her neighbor hanging the Wash outside.
"That laundry is not very clean", she said.
"She doesn't know how to wash correctly.
Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."

Her husband looked on, but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry,
The young woman would make the same comments.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a
Nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband:

"Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.
I wonder who taught her this."

The husband said, "I got up early this morning and
Cleaned our windows."

And so it is with life. What we see when watching others
Depends on the purity of the window through which we look!

No comments: